Bigfish-Gaming.com - PC Gaming Community and Clan
Go To Bottom

zerker build

Author: Subject: zerker build
Bing

stars: 4rep: 20

[*] posted on 5-17-2020 at 01:25 AM
zerker build

Wanting to do a berzerkjer build can I get some tips for class, perkss, weapons, mutes, etc etc?
VAULTDWELLER
Vault 76 Overseer
Game Server Admin

Member Is Online
Mood: Emerging

stars: 1374rep: 2631

[*] posted on 5-17-2020 at 01:53 AM

Yeah ok the biggest gain will be not having to keep up fusion cores for power armor or get weighed down wearing armor, you can also take advantage of armorless perks. The biggest thing is focusing on stealth and agility, that will be your lifeline.

Damage - Berserker adds 50% base damage. Base weapon damage is 100, then Berserker does 150. Add Explosive 20% and you have 70% damage over base. As a note, I didn't put any points in explosive, beyond the base 20%. The extra 12 hit points you get for putting 5 perk points in, is not worth it in my opinion.

Armor - No armor to worry about, none, nada, nothing. Also no power armor to worry about. This also means I have no repair costs, other than weapons, because the rad suit doesn't take damage.
Update: I now carry a set of Power Armor for group farming at White Spring. This build relies heavily on killing mobs quickly and stealthy. This can't be done while farming in a group. It's one set of PA with Tesla on chest. Easy.

Radiation - Radiation is a huge part of this game, but wearing a rad suit 100% of the time almost completely eliminates any issues. I was in a nuke zone yesterday for about an hour and only used two radaway. I didn't really need to use 2 as 1 would have done the trick, but I hate having red on my health bar. No more spamming Radaway in nuke zones! (huge)

Sneak - Sneaking is the key here. I was soloing White Spring (including clubhouse) at level 40+. I would literally sneak up to mobs and one-shot them. I'm currently using a Mole Miner Gauntlet and do about 350+ base damage per swing. If I use a power swing and x2 stealth hit, then the number is likely 900 per hit. By the way, playing this build is insanely fun for a reason you won't notice any other way. When I sneak into a building at White Springs, the mobs will be sitting and talking to themselves (muttering) or doing something in a corner. They have no idea I'm there, even if I just sit behind them. I've seen some hilarious stuff like this and it will shock you how much fun it is to see them not aggressive.Play with the sneak mechanic, it will surprise you how well done it is. The mob AI is done really well in my opinion. If I go into the clubhouse, I have to maneuver around so I kill groups either really quick, or retreat to a corner/bathroom so I face them 1-1. Watch the detected meter on top. If it goes to Danger, then move to your safe spot quickly. It rarely will, but it does happen. I had about 40 mobs swarm me last night and I backed into the bathroom. I lived, but it was hairy. These are the situations I love though. The game was easy mode on my heavily armored level 130 and this feels more like I'm having to try.

Doing White Spring, I get 1 level every 45 minutes to an hour, so it's great for leveling. Plus the drops are a bonus.

Perks - I have a bunch left over. Seriously, I've got about 5-8 points I could easily move around. This build is very easy and gives you a lot of room to put things into odd stuff if you want. There are only about 48 key points out of the 56 you have at level 50.

Rifle and Melee - This build allows for dual spec. I have points in Rifle and Melee, so both are very good. I'm not min/max but I'm very comfortable. Again my current melee weapon does 350+ base damage and I'm only level 54. This means if you want shotgun, do it. If you want heavy, do it.

Mutations - I'm a purest, I don't do any mutations. I think jumping over a building is immersion breaking for me. Something else I don't have to worry about.

Berserker - Who in their right mind would play the game with no armor? (raises hand) Berserker means you buy all you weapons really cheap. No one wants them. This is also a slight downside, because I have to get most of my weapons from vendors that people sold them to, thinking they were trash.

Bad

Damage - Don't get hit. It hurts, it hurts a lot. That having been said, I've got a lot of perks that mitigate damage, like Blocker which blocks 45% of melee done to me. There's one that automatically zaps me with a stimpack if I get below 40%, which is a lifesaver. So, even though I don't have armor, I've still got plenty of survivability. Knock on wood, I haven't died more than 5 times the whole time I've leveled this guy. This requires a change to your game play style though. No more walking into a fight at the White Spring clubhouse. You have to sneak in and kill them quickly. The sneak mechanic is odd, but once you learn it, it's gravy.

Cool outfits - You can't wear them, sorry. Sure if you are RPing then go for it, but normal play, you are in the Rad Suit. You need the radiation resistance it provides.

Solo - This build is primarily a solo one. Having someone tag along, just doesn't work. You sneak in, and kill the mobs quickly and silently. It doesn't work because there isn't shared xp. I one-shot everything pretty much and having someone along doesn't work well.

https://www.falloutbuilds.com/fo76/planner/#Aw0IAAUFDAUBAQEA...

Notes on the build, by stat:

Strength = Blocker and Iron Fist. I took Iron Fist because of my Mole Miner Gauntlet, but if you chose a one-handed or two-handed, then take the first point in each of their 3 perk cards (30%) The other points are in weight management and not required. However, you aren't wearing armor with deep pockets or power armor, so you might want to seriously consider leaving them. As a note, you need a lot of Strength though for melee, so don't short this without great thought.

Perception = For me it's 1 point each in Rifle (30%), 3 points in Tank killer for the armor punch. Lock picking is 3 points you can put elsewhere.

Endurance - Joke. I had to put 1 point here and the swimming thing is fun and actually comes in handy sometimes.

Charisma - Both of these are must haves. Field Surgeon and Lone Wanderer. Remember, you are a solo player, mostly. If you group, you lose 20% damage mitigation and 30% AP regen. Not good.

Intelligence - Batteries included is a weight management perk and is optional. First Aid is optional, but I think it's a good idea.

Agility - All of these are a must except the hiker one. You also need a lot of points in Agility for better sneak, so just like Strength, don't remove points unless you have to.

Luck - Both of these are very important. Just take them.

[Edited on 5-17-2020 by VAULTDWELLER]

v3l0c1ty

stars: 268rep: 583

[*] posted on 5-17-2020 at 01:57 AM

If I was starting over/starting out I would just do a bloodied loadout. A couple of reasons for it but besides the huge bonus of wearing the rad suit you have to be able to NOT get into a fight which if you've played any length of time is not easy. :P
SanAndreas

stars: 28rep: 100

[*] posted on 5-17-2020 at 01:44 PM

itll make the game more fun if your tired of grinding and combat and want to make it harder without focusing on combat.

wastelanders has made that obsolete because its livened it up nicely now more like an rpg than a combat game kinda like fallout NV vs. 4.

wastelanders gives you opts for non combat resolutions
Bing

[*] posted on 5-17-2020 at 01:53 PM

Quote: Originally posted by VAULTDWELLER  
Yeah ok the biggest gain will be not having to keep up fusion cores for power armor or get weighed down wearing armor, you can also take advantage of armorless perks. The biggest thing is focusing on stealth and agility, that will be your lifeline.

Damage - Berserker adds 50% base damage. Base weapon damage is 100, then Berserker does 150. Add Explosive 20% and you have 70% damage over base. As a note, I didn't put any points in explosive, beyond the base 20%. The extra 12 hit points you get for putting 5 perk points in, is not worth it in my opinion.

Armor - No armor to worry about, none, nada, nothing. Also no power armor to worry about. This also means I have no repair costs, other than weapons, because the rad suit doesn't take damage.
Update: I now carry a set of Power Armor for group farming at White Spring. This build relies heavily on killing mobs quickly and stealthy. This can't be done while farming in a group. It's one set of PA with Tesla on chest. Easy.

Radiation - Radiation is a huge part of this game, but wearing a rad suit 100% of the time almost completely eliminates any issues. I was in a nuke zone yesterday for about an hour and only used two radaway. I didn't really need to use 2 as 1 would have done the trick, but I hate having red on my health bar. No more spamming Radaway in nuke zones! (huge)

Sneak - Sneaking is the key here. I was soloing White Spring (including clubhouse) at level 40+. I would literally sneak up to mobs and one-shot them. I'm currently using a Mole Miner Gauntlet and do about 350+ base damage per swing. If I use a power swing and x2 stealth hit, then the number is likely 900 per hit. By the way, playing this build is insanely fun for a reason you won't notice any other way. When I sneak into a building at White Springs, the mobs will be sitting and talking to themselves (muttering) or doing something in a corner. They have no idea I'm there, even if I just sit behind them. I've seen some hilarious stuff like this and it will shock you how much fun it is to see them not aggressive.Play with the sneak mechanic, it will surprise you how well done it is. The mob AI is done really well in my opinion. If I go into the clubhouse, I have to maneuver around so I kill groups either really quick, or retreat to a corner/bathroom so I face them 1-1. Watch the detected meter on top. If it goes to Danger, then move to your safe spot quickly. It rarely will, but it does happen. I had about 40 mobs swarm me last night and I backed into the bathroom. I lived, but it was hairy. These are the situations I love though. The game was easy mode on my heavily armored level 130 and this feels more like I'm having to try.

Doing White Spring, I get 1 level every 45 minutes to an hour, so it's great for leveling. Plus the drops are a bonus.

Perks - I have a bunch left over. Seriously, I've got about 5-8 points I could easily move around. This build is very easy and gives you a lot of room to put things into odd stuff if you want. There are only about 48 key points out of the 56 you have at level 50.

Rifle and Melee - This build allows for dual spec. I have points in Rifle and Melee, so both are very good. I'm not min/max but I'm very comfortable. Again my current melee weapon does 350+ base damage and I'm only level 54. This means if you want shotgun, do it. If you want heavy, do it.

Mutations - I'm a purest, I don't do any mutations. I think jumping over a building is immersion breaking for me. Something else I don't have to worry about.

Berserker - Who in their right mind would play the game with no armor? (raises hand) Berserker means you buy all you weapons really cheap. No one wants them. This is also a slight downside, because I have to get most of my weapons from vendors that people sold them to, thinking they were trash.

Bad

Damage - Don't get hit. It hurts, it hurts a lot. That having been said, I've got a lot of perks that mitigate damage, like Blocker which blocks 45% of melee done to me. There's one that automatically zaps me with a stimpack if I get below 40%, which is a lifesaver. So, even though I don't have armor, I've still got plenty of survivability. Knock on wood, I haven't died more than 5 times the whole time I've leveled this guy. This requires a change to your game play style though. No more walking into a fight at the White Spring clubhouse. You have to sneak in and kill them quickly. The sneak mechanic is odd, but once you learn it, it's gravy.

Cool outfits - You can't wear them, sorry. Sure if you are RPing then go for it, but normal play, you are in the Rad Suit. You need the radiation resistance it provides.

Solo - This build is primarily a solo one. Having someone tag along, just doesn't work. You sneak in, and kill the mobs quickly and silently. It doesn't work because there isn't shared xp. I one-shot everything pretty much and having someone along doesn't work well.

https://www.falloutbuilds.com/fo76/planner/#Aw0IAAUFDAUBAQEA...

Notes on the build, by stat:

Strength = Blocker and Iron Fist. I took Iron Fist because of my Mole Miner Gauntlet, but if you chose a one-handed or two-handed, then take the first point in each of their 3 perk cards (30%) The other points are in weight management and not required. However, you aren't wearing armor with deep pockets or power armor, so you might want to seriously consider leaving them. As a note, you need a lot of Strength though for melee, so don't short this without great thought.

Perception = For me it's 1 point each in Rifle (30%), 3 points in Tank killer for the armor punch. Lock picking is 3 points you can put elsewhere.

Endurance - Joke. I had to put 1 point here and the swimming thing is fun and actually comes in handy sometimes.

Charisma - Both of these are must haves. Field Surgeon and Lone Wanderer. Remember, you are a solo player, mostly. If you group, you lose 20% damage mitigation and 30% AP regen. Not good.

Intelligence - Batteries included is a weight management perk and is optional. First Aid is optional, but I think it's a good idea.

Agility - All of these are a must except the hiker one. You also need a lot of points in Agility for better sneak, so just like Strength, don't remove points unless you have to.

Luck - Both of these are very important. Just take them.

[Edited on 5-17-2020 by VAULTDWELLER]

Very good this is what I was looking for!!
FortDefianceCmdr
Paladin
Brotherhood of Steel

Mood: HARD STEEL

stars: 484rep: 957

[*] posted on 5-17-2020 at 02:00 PM

Quote: Originally posted by v3l0c1ty  
If I was starting over/starting out I would just do a bloodied loadout. A couple of reasons for it but besides the huge bonus of wearing the rad suit you have to be able to NOT get into a fight which if you've played any length of time is not easy. :P

2nd this :thumbup:

:bos:BROTHERHOOD OF STEEL:bos:
:bos:PALADIN MCHENRIES:bos:

~BoS~
Bing

[*] posted on 5-18-2020 at 05:04 PM

What are benefits of the bloodied over bezerker?
FortDefianceCmdr
Paladin
Brotherhood of Steel

[*] posted on 5-19-2020 at 01:48 AM

Quote: Originally posted by Bing  
What are benefits of the bloodied over bezerker?

Its kinda one and the same, like, say you normally have no armor but you get into combat well you might not have multipliers and perks etc. But, using the right chems and bloodied weapons means as your health drops your Dam multiplier increases

So at 100% you might do 1.00 damage, 90% 1.1X, 80% 1.2X etc

Using chems means you will do good damage when you take damage

~BoS~
UltraLuxxe

stars: 270rep: 553

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 01:11 AM

In 76 just my opinion but you'd be way better off going with a Melee/tank build assuming you have high enough skill levels. Just get power armor, power sledge and 90+ and be done with it :lol:

FortDefianceCmdr
Paladin
Brotherhood of Steel

[*] posted on 5-25-2020 at 11:14 PM

Quote: Originally posted by UltraLuxxe  
In 76 just my opinion but you'd be way better off going with a Melee/tank build assuming you have high enough skill levels. Just get power armor, power sledge and 90+ and be done with it :lol:

if you want you can but if hes starting out early go bloody. if hes high enough level then yeah sure tank mellee works too.

~BoS~

Go To Top